I still haven’t gotten the chance to try the real Japanese soufflé cpancake and just couldn’t wait to try making it my own!
There are several ways and ingredients that I have googled and I found this Chinese recipe that is very similar to the cake recipe I always use: https://goo.gl/NGY9u0
I slightly modified it with the sugar content and here it is.
What you need:
– 2 eggs
– 100ml milk
– 25g sugar
– 120g cake flour
– half tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
– 1 tsp lemon juice
What you do:
1. Separate egg yolks and egg whites, beat egg yolk with honey/maple syrup until thickens
2. Sift and add cake flour and baking powder to egg yolk mixture and gently mix well
3. Beat egg white, sugar and lemon juice until stiff peak,add 1/3 to yolk mixture and fold then gently fold the rest
4. Prepare a 3-4 inch mold on a pan, turn on medium heat and pour mixture in the mold
5. Pan fry mixture at low to medium heat, cover with lid and let it set for abt 8 mins until it almost set, the gently remove the mold and flip to pan fry on the other side for about 2-3 minutes
p.s. Garnish with berries, slice of butter and maple syrup before serve!