Sweet potato ginger soup dessert is a traditional Chinese winter comfort food to keep you warm in the cold. Like I mentioned earlier, you can make this kind of sweet potato ginger soup dessert with yellow flesh or purple flesh sweet potato, depending your own preference but I would definitely choose organically grown than conventional ones.
Taste and texture of the sweet potato may be slightly different, but both would not take you more than 30 minutes to prepare and enjoy.
What you need: (for 2-3 people)
– about 250g organic sweet potato
– 800ml water
– 20g organic ginger (add more if you like stronger ginger taste and check out my easy way to peel them)
– 60g cane sugar
What you do:
1. Peel and cut sweet potato into chunks
2. Peel and cut ginger half and smash it with the back of a spoon to release more flavour
3. Place ginger into pot of water and bring it to a boil
4. Add cane sugar and sweet potato when water boils
5. Boil in low heat with lid on for about 15 minutes and turn off the heat to let it sit for another 10 mins
p.s. cut sweet potato into smaller pieces if you want to shorten cooking time, however if you prefer bigger bites then leave them in chunks and just cook for a bit longer.