This is actually the reason why I shared the deboning video and the recipe of glutinous rice earlier! If you have already done the first two parts, it will not take you more than 3 steps to make this!
Traditional way of making this is to deep fry or pan fry the stuffed wings, but I’ve always try to reduce unnecessary oil and make it much more home cooking friendly (I mean who seriously store a pot of oil for deep frying at home). I used airfryer to make this while you can also bake it in a toaster over as well.
what you need: (you can make about 8 stuffed wings)
– 0.8kg deboned chicken wings
– 2 tsp light sodium soy sauce
– pinch of salt
– half tsp sugar
– 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
– cooled fried 70% cooked sticky rice (using one person’s portion recipe)
– some toothpicks
what you do:
1. Marinate deboned chicken wings with soy sauce, salt, sugar and sesame oil for a few hours
2. Use cooled fried sticky rice prepared earlier and stuff the wings, and stitch it with a toothpick in the opening to avoid rice falling out
3. Preheat the oven/airfryer; if you’re using airfrying cook at 180c for 20 mins, and if you’re baking in oven on rack cook at 200c for about 30 mins or until cooked
p.s. Using fully cooked fried glutinous rice will result over cooking inside the chicken wings after baking and give unwanted soggy texture.