Low carb diet is definitely a challenge to me when I first started, but it has been getting a lot easier. I’ve always have a sweet tooth, and I’m blessed to come across Low Carb diet that can help me keeping healthier lifestyle while enjoying some “good sweet” treat.
I’m talking about “good sweet” not good “sweet”, because in all of the low carb baking and diet, you would try to use natural sugar replacement like Erythritol , Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that contains no calories and you can read more about this in my previous post here.
Here is one of my favourite sweet treat, Japanese cheesecake, that contains NO FLOUR and NO SUGAR, using almond meal and Erythritol.
What you need: (makes two 6 inch size)
1. Cream cheese 250g
2. Butter 60g
3. Milk 100g
4. Almond meal 30g (sifted)
5. Eggs 5 (separte yolk and white)
6. Erythritol 120g
What to do:
1. Using double-boiler method to melt cream cheese, butter and milk until smooth
2. Sift almond meal and mix with egg yolk
3. Whisk egg white (add 1/3 Erythritol at the beginning and gradually add the rest) until soft peak
4. Add 1/3 of the egg white into step 2 mixture and mix together, then add the rest and slowly fold, then pour evenly into two 6 inch pans
5. Preheat the oven at 390F and place the
6. Place the two cake pans inside a tray with a cup of hot water bath (bain marie method) and bake until the top turns brown
7. Turn down the temperature to 300F and continue to bake for an hour